New York Fashion Week came back almost full force! Post pandemic Runway shows have commenced! Although some of the designers had digital shows, after almost two years in isolation, we got a chance to see the models adorn the Runway In-Person. While much has changed in the world of fashion, the commitment of designers to create an amazing line-up hasn’t dimmed in the slightest. So, here are this season hottest trends and materials:
- "Adobe" – Warm, sun-dried clay colors, this emerged as the dominating neutral tone.
- Bundle – Repurposing your summery staples, brands are leaning into the idea of layering. With the addition of one key item, a cozy coat.
- Knitwear – The usual crochet two-piece knitted separates, but also maxi-length dresses that allow you to blanket yourself up comfortably.
- ‘90s Grunge – Trouser skirts, knit polos, and ankle-grazing dresses.
- Mixed Prints – There was a surprising number of floral styles on this season’s runway, often contrasted against the traditional plaid and abstract print options. The key to pulling off the contrasted look is to mix clashing prints in related color palettes.
- Quilted and Textured Handbags – Crossbodies that resemble puffer coats, intricately woven leather clutches and rouching.
- Sequins and Shiny Metallics – The best way to make these statement materials work, pair with a super casual basic, like a white button-down, raw-hem denim or an easy T-shirt.
Now that you’ve got the basics, get out there and rock your favorite style combinations!